A Fresh and crisp salad is perfect on a warm day! Paired with a tangy, Italian-inspired dressing, this salad would be lovely next to a grill up!
Crisp, crunchy cucumbers, with ripe and soft avocado and garden fresh tomatoes make up this wonderful warm weather salad!
We got another gift of delicious veggies from my husband's work office people. This time it was cucumbers and tomatoes -I already had the avocado-. A good bit of the cucumbers and only a few small tomatoes were decent enough to use. Some had rotted a bit and gotten moldy so in reality, I only had one small tomato to work with, but a whole lot of cucumbers!
You can of course switch up some of the vegetables if you wish or even add more! The dressing is homemade, however you can use a store-bought dressing if you'd like.
Please see recipe card for exact measurements.
Step One - Peel the cucumbers. You can leave the skins on if you wish. I save the peels in the freezer for vegetable stock.
Step Two - Dice the cucumbers into small chunks.
Step Three - Dice tomatoes.
Step Four - Add the cucumber to a bowl and then cut, open, score and scoop an avocado into the bowl. Cutting the avocado while it is still in the skin saves having to use a cutting board, just be careful not to cut yourself.
Step Five - Add the tomatoes.
Step Six - Add in the herbed dressing.
Step Seven - Mix everything together, serve and enjoy!
👩🏻🍳Cook's Top Tip
This salad is meant to be eaten the same day it is made. You can push it to the next day, however, it may be kind of mushy and watery.
Change up the vegetables with things like:
- cabbage or coleslaw mix - see an example in my other cucumber salad
- bell peppers
This salad is a same-dayer. Meaning, you need to make it the same day and consume it the same day. You can try to have it the next day, however it may be mushy and much more watery than before. You've been warned.
I do not recommend freezing.
Check out some of my other salads!
If you've tried this recipe and enjoyed it, I would love it if you could rate it 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment! It's a great, and free way to support me!
Cucumber Avocado Salad with Herbed Dressing
- ½ cup homemade Italian-style dressing
- 3-4 cups diced cucumber
- 1 whole avocado; diced
- 1-3 tomatoes
- Peel and dice up cucumber, avocado and tomato and add to a bowl.3-4 cups diced cucumber, 1 whole avocado; diced, 1-3 tomatoes
- Add on dressing and mix together so that everything is coated. Serve and enjoy!½ cup homemade Italian-style dressing
- You can use other dressings if you wish as well as other veggies!
- Storage - This salad is best eaten the day it is made. Leaving for the next day may result in a mushy, watery salad.