You can't go wrong with simple, delicious blueberry oatmeal. This go-to breakfast meal is made with just a few ingredients and takes only minutes to make!
I am an oatmeal fan! It's so versatile and easy to incorporate into your daily meals. Packed with fiber and other amazing nutrients, you just can't go wrong with oats and some fruit!
If blueberries aren't your thing, I have another delicious vegan oatmeal right here, with apples!
You can use any fruit you wish, of course, it does not have to be blueberries.
I am using coconut sugar, but feel free to use any sugar you have available! Maple syrup also works just fine.
While I use coconut milk, you may use any plant-based milk.
See recipe card for quantities.
Not many steps to make this oatmeal!
- Add your milk or water to a pot or deep enough pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat.
- Add in all ingredients and allow to simmer until your oatmeal is thick (around 5 minutes you should start to see thickening).
If you want finer oatmeal, get a smaller oat size or blend your oats a bit before adding to the hot liquid. This will give you a porridge-like feel to your morning oats!
This oatmeal stores perfectly in the refrigerator for up to 4 days! Be sure to store in an airtight container. No need to separate ingredients.
This oatmeal can be frozen and thawed and eaten as normal.
Oatmeal is so versatile, that you can ultimately do anything with it and make it yours. Don't like blueberries? That's okay! You can use any fruit to mix in or top your oatmeal! Apples, bananas, peaches, pears, and strawberries to name a few.
Make sure you go for frozen fruits every time for some super sweet fruit that doesn't need added extra sugar. The water content will help break down the fruit more and leave you with even sweeter berries!
You don't have to stop at just fruit! You can add other things like chia and flax seeds for added nutrition.
My go-to is hemp seeds. The added texture, crunch, and protein, (plus plant-based omega's) can't be beaten!
Nearly any fruit you can think of! Banana's, strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, apples, peaches, pears, pineapple, etc. You can use pretty much any fruit in cahoots with oatmeal.
For the most part, yes! But it can totally depend on what you add to it. For instance, too much sugar can suddenly turn a healthy breakfast into a dessert!
Easy Blueberry Oatmeal
- In your saucepot, bring milk or water to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and add in your oats.
- Once the oats start to thicken, add in everything else and allow to cook on low heat for around 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use any plant-based milk you wish, or just use water if you need to cut out the calories or any extra things.
- Use any frozen fruit you have on hand. Get creative and add other things if you want! Cinnamon and lemon are good flavors that go well with blueberries!
- For Gluten-Free: be sure to get certified gluten-free oats.
Check out some other amazing breakfast recipes!
I value each and every comment that I get! That said, I will not accept any nonconstructive, rude, insulting or spam-like comments. Need an idea of what to share in a comment? Share any substitutions you made that worked well so that anyone else reading can gain some knowledge in case they run into issues. Comment just to say you've tried it and if you liked it, or If you did not enjoy, or had an issue. Other readers can benefit from you! You can also leave a comment just to tell me you plan on trying it, I don't mind! Be sure to also leave a rating with your comment. Every little bit helps me bring you more delicious vegan recipes!