*This article may contain affiliate links. please check out my policy!
Soft and fluffy, lightly sweet vegan avocado bread is the perfect snack or treat when you are craving something! And it's only a few ingredients, it's SO EASY!
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best at baking, so if you see a baking recipe on here by me, just know that it's super good because I would never do that to y'all, haha. When I saw this avocado bread video by a creator named Dylan Hollis (correct me if I am wrong), I had to veganize it and give it a try.
I always have avocados ever since I learned how to store them to maximize their life! (Store them in a container full of water and put them in the fridge, seriously) and the lack of ingredients needed was another deciding factor. I knew I could do this!
While this recipe is sweet, I wouldn't classify it as a dessert per-se, so if you're looking for something sweeter, you would love my vanilla cupcakes!
I have not tried swapping any ingredients here. You could probably swap the egg replacer with another type of replacement and it should be okay!
If you do try other ingredients, comment and let me know what worked for you! I love hearing from y'all!
Please see recipe card for exact quantities
Step One - Cut and spoon the avocados into a bowl and whisk until they are as smooth as you can get them. This will take some elbow power...
Step Two - Sift in the dry ingredients.
Step Three - Mix it all together, add in any other ingredients and form a sticky dough. It will be sticky and try not to overwork the dough.
Step Four - Spread evenly in a greased and floured bread baking dish and bake.
👩🏻🍳Cook's Top Tip
Make sure you allow the bread to cool completely before cutting into it. If it's still warm when cut into, it may crumble and fall apart. For a smooth cutting experience, wait for the bread to cool, then use a bread knife to cut.
📖SUBSTITUTIONS & VARIATIONS
If you want to halve the avocado being used, you can substitute 1 cup of smashed avocado with 1 cup of vegan butter.
You can also add other flavors to this bread like chocolate chips, or bananas.
This bread can be stored in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 8 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months.
To reheat, just toast! You can also use a microwave, oven, or airfryer.
Check out my other avocado recipes!
The sugar may throw you off, but avocados are extremely heart-healthy and considered a "good" fat.
If you've tried this recipe and enjoyed it, I would love it if you could rate it 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment! It's a great, and free way to support me!
Vegan Avocado Bread
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 baking dish suitable for a small loaf
- 1 Whisk
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons egg replacer I used bob's redmill
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 °F or 180 °C
- In a bowl, scoop in avocados and using a whisk, beat the avocados until they are smooth and aim for no lumps. This will be a bit of a workout.2 ripe avocados
- Next, whisk in the flour and baking powder.1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, 2 cups AP flour
- Add in the egg replacement and sugar, and mix the dough together. Try not to overmix, you will mix until everything comes together and there are no dry flour bits. The dough will be sticky.3 tablespoons egg replacer, ¾ cup sugar
- Grease and flour a bread baking dish then spread the dough mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 45-55 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool completely before cutting into it for the best results!
- Storage - Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 8 days in an airtight container or bag, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat - You can reheat in a toaster, oven, or air fryer as normal.
Leave a Reply