This article may contain affiliate links. please check out my policy!
An incredibly easy and budget friendly recipe that kids and adults will love. Make these vegan pizza bagels for the perfect meatless meal!
Who else grew up on pizza bagel bites from the freezer section at your local grocery store? *raises hand*
I certainly wouldn't eat them now, but they were one of my favorite after school snacks! Our parents worked so when we'd get home from school, there was about a 2 hour window of time where we had run of the house, and the microwaveable snacks.
I kind of missed them, so I decided to make a more grown up version, though your kids can certainly have these, I made them all the time for my kids when they were younger!
This recipe utilizes my homemade marinara, and my DIY vegan pepperoni!
Not many ingredients at all for these babies!
You can choose any vegan cheese you wish, for mine I am using violife, but choose whatever is available to you or your favorite.
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Chop up any veggies you are using; in this case I have cut up black olives, mushrooms and vegan pepperoni
Spoon the marinara onto the bagels like so.
Sprinkle on cheese.
Next, add the black olives.
Finally, add the mushrooms and pepperoni. Alternatively, you can add the toppings and then the cheese. Seriously, customize these just how you want. You can not go wrong!
If your vegan cheese is not melting, spray it with some water and cover the pan with foil. This helps the cheese melt even better!
If you're looking for gluten-free you will need to use gluten free bagels, as well as a different pepperoni (homemade or store-bought) that does not contain gluten.
You can also use mini bagels for an even more kid-friendly version!
Seriously, go wild with toppings: banana peppers, bell peppers, spinach, extra tomatoes, other vegan meats like sausage, or even tempeh bacon would be amazing!
Store these bagels in foil in the refrigerator.
I do not recommend freezing.
Re-heat in the oven. You could try microwaving, however I have not done that, so let me know if you do!
Vegan Pizza Bagels
- 1 sheet pan or similar
- 1 Knife
- 1 Spoon
- 2 bagels cut in half to make 4 pizzas
- ½ cup homemade marinara recipe see notes
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheese your choice
- ½ cup sliced black olives see notes
- ¼ cup vegan pepperoni recipe see notes;
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms see notes
- Preheat oven to 350 °F or 180 °C
- If your bagels are not already cut, or split in half, go ahead and do this and lay them on the sheet pan so that they are ready to be topped.2 bagels
- Assuming you've already got the marinara and pepperoni ready, go ahead and cut up any veggies you plan to top your bagels with.½ cup sliced black olives, ¼ cup vegan pepperoni recipe, ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- Next, spoon marinara onto the bagels flat part (as indicated in post pictures) and spread around the hole (if the bagel has a hole sometimes they do not) evenly.½ cup homemade marinara recipe
- Next, top with cheese (or start with veggies, it's up to you!).½ cup shredded vegan cheese
- Then, throw on your veggies and pepperoni, and top with more cheese if desired.½ cup sliced black olives, ¼ cup vegan pepperoni recipe, ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- Place the bagels in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You do not have to use my homemade marinara or pepperoni for this recipe
- If you do plan to use both marinara and pepperoni recipes, I suggest making them ahead of time (like the day before) to lesson your workload.
- The amounts on the veggies will entirely depend on you and are just a "baseline" measurement. It's not easy measuring those, haha.
- For Gluten free, use GF bagels and vegan pepperoni.
Leave a Reply