You'll love this quick and easy, tangy Italian-inspired dressing on your next salad or sandwich! You won’t need a store-bought vinaigrette ever again.
This dressing is reminiscent of *submarine sandwich dressing, which is super good and I really wanted to make my own!
I also just really love vinegar/lemon and oil based dressings. I used to always get Subway with vinegar and oil on my veggie sandwiches!
This dressing is also paired with my fresh cucumber and avocado salad! In case you needed an idea of how to use this delicious vinaigrette.
I opted for lemon juice in this recipe, but definitely swap it for vinegar of any type.
Feel free to play around with seasonings, add or take away.
Please see the recipe card for exact quantities.
Step One - Add all ingredients to a blender cup.
Step Two - Blend!
👩🏻🍳Cook's Top Tip
This dressing is much better after sitting for a while rather than right away (though still not bad) so make this dressing with the intention of having it the next day and beyond!
While I am using lemon juice for the acid in this dressing, you may use vinegar of any type! Red wine vinegar is a popular choice, but feel free to use apple cider, rice, or even a little bit of balsamic.
You will *need a blender of some sort for this recipe, though you can get away with using a whisk, it will just take a little work to blend the dressing.
Other options include:
Refrigerator - Store in an airtight container or jar for up to 2 weeks. Shake well before each serving.
Other sauces, dips, and toppings!
Homemade Italian Herbed Vinaigrette
- 1 blender
- measuring spoons and cups
- 1 cup neutral oil see notes
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice see notes
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 2 Tablespoons sweet basil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add everything to the blender bottle, or bowl of whichever equipment you may be using and blend for a few minutes until everything is well mixed.1 cup neutral oil, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon oregano, 1 Tablespoon parsley, 2 Tablespoons sweet basil, 1 Tablespoon sugar, ½ Tablespoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. You may find you prefer more salt or less pepper.
- Once happy with the final results, cover and refrigerate over-night for best results.
- You can swap the lemon juice for any vinegar you have on hand.
- Feel free to add or take away any seasonings. Taste your dressing.
- I used Sunflower oil for this recipe, but you can use any neutral oil you have on hand. Such as EVOO, olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
- Storage - Be sure to store in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to shake vigorously upon use as the oil and other seasonings will separate while sitting.